Front End Development
What’s the difference between a nice looking website and a great user experience? More often than not it’s in
the subtle ways that a visitor moves about and interacts with a site, when forms appear only when needed,
buttons pulse or react at appropriate times, pages update without having to totally reload, subtle
feedback is provided when the user clicks or submits a form.
- Hand coded, artisan-levels of attention to detail
- Minimal, clean and appropriate uses of code to improve the user experience
Ever tried to use a website on a smartphone or tablet that forces you to zoom in and scroll about just so you can read the content? Not a great experience is it? Whilst most websites are built to be ‘responsive’, it’s less common to find sites that have been properly considered from a ‘mobile first’ principal. What we mean by this is that if you consider content and functionality to be important no matter what device a user is on, then it makes sense to work and plan from the lowest common denominator first and plan what a user will need from a mobile device first.
- Works on all devices no matter their screen size
- Designed from a mobile first principle - everyone gets to see the important stuff
- Progressive enhancement enabling a richer user experience on larger screened devices